We’ve rounded up the best professional development news, events, and opportunities in study abroad and study trips from February. From workshops for developing methodologies to teach how to take climate action for a sustainable planet to things to do while visiting Cuba and Puerto Rico and a great resource for listening activities in Spanish.
Professional Development Opportunities for High School & University Teachers, and Study Abroad Departments
- Are you a Spanish teacher trying to build your skills? Spanish Studies Abroad in partnership with the Universidad de Alicante has a Summer Professional Development Program that includes classes and memorable cultural activities in sunny Spain to get you to the next level. Finish off the week with a local wine-tasting session!
- For all the Spanish teachers out there struggling to find the perfect resource for listening activities with different accents, we’ve got the perfect site for you. The University of Texas in Austin has Spanish Proficiency Exercises a page with video clips on different themes divided into levels of difficulty.
- Request a virtual meeting with one of our Resident Directors to find out more about local logistics, arrangements, activities, opportunities & culture in Spain, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Argentina, or other European destinations
- Looking for a specific city tour, local performances, faculty discussions/forums, or events? Contact us for more details.
- Want to visit an Alandis Travel cultural center at one of our locations? Let us know if you’d like a site visit.
Study Abroad & School Trips News
- Is that overseas field trip you’re looking forward to really necessary? At Times Higher Education, James Derounian talks about how study trips impact both the faculty and students and his own experience with this type of trip.
- According to recent reports, the number of international students studying abroad has increased. Learn how studying abroad is likely to change in the coming years and what it means for students from around the world considering studying abroad at Ecole Globale.
Discover our Destinations
- Puerto Rico boasts an awe-inspiring landscape. It flaunts both natural and man-made attractions to meet all travelers’ expectations. To inspire you, Style Rave has created a list of 7 things to do when visiting the island!
- Are you planning a trip to Cuba but are overwhelmed by all the activities and visit options? To make your decision-making easier, The Travel has a wonderful list of things to do when visiting the Caribbean island.
- If you are an animal lover like us and you’ll be visiting Puerto Rico, this is for you! Our friends at A-Z Animals have written an article on Puerto Rico’s official animals, the Puerto Rico Spindalis and the Coqui Frog. It includes plenty of information about them, such as where to see them and how to identify them.
Sustainability in Education
- STEM education is the key to a sustainable future due to the rising of low-emission energy sources and job openings in the green tech sector. Learn everything Fe News have to say about the matter in their article.
- Young people worldwide are concerned about climate change and recognize that it will affect their future, from where they live, to the work they will do and even their quality of life. That’s why climate education is essential – to develop green skulls and understand how to combat climate change. At State of the Planet, they talk about where climate education stands in the US and why it matters.
- Education for Sustainability has fascinating workshops for teachers seeking innovative methodologies that support students’ learning to take climate action for a sustainable planet.
Browse Our Programs
Alandis Travel is an exclusively wholesale B2B tour operator for Spanish-speaking destinations around the globe, such as Spain, Cuba, Puerto Rico & more. If you are looking to take a school trip, organize a custom faculty-led program, or to study a semester abroad, find out why Alandis Travel is the right travel partner for your educational institution.