We’ve rounded up the best news from the month of January.
The resilience of the tourism industry to different and unexpected challenges never ceases to impress.
The new COVID variants have modified the various travel restrictions. Adapting to the new requirements makes it difficult to sell destinations and requires constantly updating these different and disparate requirements from region to region.
On the other hand, economic data already hints at global inflation; but will it affect all destinations equally?
- One of the most important international tourism fairs in the world, Fitur 2022, is being held in Madrid (Spain). Strong expectations for the forecast recovery. Travel Daily News International
- The growth of tourism in data: Slow and uneven. Here are the statistics by UNWTO
- Travel requirements are changing and differ from region to region. The latest news: Third booster dose? By Forbes
- This pandemic is not over and the rest of the world needs our help. When one country is at risk, we are all at risk. UNICEF launched a campaign to bring vaccines to those places where they are most needed. Are you in?
- Surveys reveal that tourists are eager for more sustainable tourism, yet the numbers are very low for those who are willing to pay more to reduce the impact of their travel. An Amadeus study reported by the Kenya Association of Travel Agents
- A guide for the responsible traveler. Sustainable vocabulary and practices to know what sustainable tourism is thanks to Conde Nast’s Traveller Magazine
Tour Operator News
- Keeping customers confident. Reassuring and securing your services. How to do it? By Destination British Columbia
- Conflicting interests
- Can education abroad be sustainable? Interesting data in this survey conducted by Bound International and its partner Earth Deeds suggests education of global citizens and easy monitoring make it possible
- Diversification of academic destinations, new trend for Institutions and Schools. Data by ICEF
- Does inflation affect the demand for academic travel? Another challenge for educational institutions by timeshighereducation.com
- Valencia, Spain, joins sustainability. It becomes one of the few destinations that verifies the calculation of the carbon footprint of its tourism activity, in addition to calculating and certifying its water footprint.
- Alandis Travel has prepared an easy-to-read guide to travel restrictions. All the information that clients and travel agencies need in a complete document.
Browse Our Programs
Alandis Travel is an exclusively wholesale B2B tour operator. For Spanish-speaking destinations around the globe, such as Spain, Cuba, Puerto Rico & more. If you are looking to extend your portfolio with exclusive programs, find out why Alandis Travel is the right travel partner for your agency.