The month of December has brought us the worst of omens. Just when we thought that everything was slowly returning to normal, Omicron arrived to put the brakes on.
The industry reinvents itself, the word resilience becomes familiar and the demands on a vaccinated population become greater.
This was the case last December.
- UNWTO opposes discriminatory restrictions on general travel, calls for more vaccinations and greater coordination between countries: 24th UNWTO General Assembly (Unwto.org)
- Safe travel as the omicron variant of COVID-19 surges across the United States — just a few days before the holidays: Should Americans Cancel Holiday Travel Plans Due to Omicron? What the Health Experts Say. Travelandleisure.com
- The European Commission establishes a validity period of 9 months for vaccination certificates required for intra-community travels. ec.europa.eu
- The global initiative on tourism and plastics is yielding results. Here is an inspiring example of an initiative carried out in Bali. Sevenstonesindonesia.com
- Resilience is the key word. These are times of reinventing ourselves and moving forward, but do we really know what resilience is? Resilience is the new organizational MUST-HAVE Part 1 Part 2 by resiliencepost.com
- Travelers, Vaccine Equity Now: Here Are 3 Ways You Can Address Vaccine Equity Now
Tour Operator News
- The best tour operators with sustainable practices. How to recognize them? By littlelosttravel.com
- The United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA), celebrated its annual conference and marketplace: New USTOA Tour Operator Member Survey Reveals 2022 Travel Forecast
- Personalized services for customer loyalty management. How to create a travel experience that keeps people coming back for more.
- And speaking of resilience, what have we learned from 2021? The educational sector is reinventing itself and the forecasts for 2022 are good. Year in review: What we learned in 2021. Monitor ICEF
- Travel Challenges for International Educational Organizations & the Benefits of Working with Tour Operators AlandisTravel.com
- Academic institutions share their experience with the academic programs they have carried out. A quick read of the highlights of their experience. Road Scholar, Lewis and Clark and University of Maryland by Alandis Travel
- UNWTO awards the best videos of destinations that harness the power of tourism for sustainable development. Puerto Rico is among the winners in the category “Exceptional Stories of Sustainable Tourism”. Video Unwto.org
- In 1978, UNESCO announced its first list of 12 World Heritage sites, considered the gold standard for iconic places around the world. Today, it includes a total of 1,154 sites. Do you want to know which are the most Instagrammed? Travelandleisure.com
- 500 years have passed since the first round-the-world voyage. A fascinating journey that is remembered today in the city of Seville (Spain) from which 239 men left and only 18 returned after 3 years of expedition. Do you want to know how the adventure was?
Browse Our Programs
Alandis Travel is an exclusively wholesale B2B tour operator. For Spanish-speaking destinations around the globe, such as Spain, Cuba, Puerto Rico & more. If you are looking to extend your portfolio with exclusive programs, find out why Alandis Travel is the right travel partner for your agency.