Alandis Students in Havana, Cuba by Alandistravel.com
We’ve rounded up the standout professional development news, events, and opportunities in study abroad and study trips from July through September. From resources that enrich your teaching and empower your students to practical advice on managing the potential risks of a study abroad experience, we’ve got you covered.
This month at Alandis, we’re thrilled to unveil an immersive video tour of our Seville headquarters, designed to give educators and faculty an in-depth look at our state-of-the-art facilities, our passionate team, and our unwavering commitment to enriching the lives of each student in every program we offer.
Professional Development Opportunities for High School & University Teachers, and Study Abroad Departments
- For Spanish teachers aiming to share the richness of Spanish culture with their students, consider using videos of exhibits and renowned artworks from the Museo del Prado. These materials provide an engaging way to immerse students in Spanish culture while enhancing their listening comprehension skills.
- If you’re a Spanish teacher seeking engaging activities for your students, check out Zachary Jones. They offer an excellent resource called “Musician Interviews.” In this resource, you’ll discover interviews with Spanish-speaking musicians. It’s a captivating way for students to learn Spanish while gaining insights into the world of music!
- Request a virtual meeting with one of our Resident Directors to find out more about local logistics, arrangements, activities, opportunities & culture in Spain, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Argentina, or other European destinations.
- Looking for a specific city tour, local performances, faculty discussions/forums, or events? Contact us for more details.
- Want to visit an Alandis Travel cultural center at one of our locations? Let us know if you’d like a site visit.
Study Abroad & School Trips News
- In 2023, Pride Month holds special significance, as LGBTQ+ rights, like women’s rights, face growing challenges worldwide. Educators must prioritize supporting LGBTQ+ international students for inclusive and safe campuses. Read more in ICEF Monitor on how to better protect and assist them.
- Study abroad is an enriching experience that offers numerous benefits and opportunities for personal, academic, and professional growth. If you’re considering organizing a study abroad program, Medium shares eight reasons you should!
- School trips abroad offer students life-changing experiences, allowing them to learn outside the classroom and immerse themselves in foreign cultures. However, unexpected situations can arise in a foreign country. In this article by Alandis Travel, we discuss potential trip risks and how to manage them, helping you prepare for your study abroad journey.
Discover our Destinations
- Puerto Rico is a unique Caribbean destination that offers travelers an array of experiences. From its stunning beaches and vibrant cities to its rich cultural heritage, Puerto Rico has something for all. Discover all the pros and cons of visiting the Caribbean Island in The Enlightened Mindset’s article.
- Whether it’s prioritizing green space, improving options for cycling and pedestrians, or supporting a wider choice of local and ethical businesses, Spanish cities are becoming increasingly more environmentally focused. If you are planning a trip to Spain, here are a few sustainable ideas brought to you by The Telegraph!
- If you are traveling to Puerto Rico soon, you may be wondering what currency they use, the availability of ATMs, etc. To answer all your money-related questions about Puerto Rico, here’s an article from Investor Times.
Sustainability in Education
- As the climate crisis looms, industries adopt sustainability. Travel, a big carbon emitter, needs focus. Being responsible travelers minimizes impact. Learn how to reduce your carbon footprint and enhance travel in Wealth of Geeks‘ article on responsible travel.
- Amidst growing environmental challenges, urgent action on sustainability and climate change is crucial. Education is central to this effort. Learn more in Forbes‘ article on Educational Institutions’ Role in Building a Sustainable Future.
- Higher education plays a vital role in sustainability. It shapes future leaders and supports UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This article by TCS explores how universities embrace sustainability in curriculum and operations, driven by technology for a greener higher education future.