We’ve rounded up the best news from May, including new initiatives to make tourism more sustainable and how the future of the tourism industry is looking bright and promising.
- How does travel build relationships and community? Here is an analysis by TravelPulse.
- Global air travel is already rebounding and could reach pre-pandemic levels by next year. All you need to know about the recovery by Travel + Leisure.
- The travel industry is slowly recovering from the pandemic. It is expected to make a full recovery by 2025. At TravelPulse, they cover all the data.
- If you are trying to travel more sustainably and don’t know where to start, our friends at Kind Traveler have an easy guide with examples of sustainable travel.
- Sustainable growth: several sustainable initiatives to ensure that travel & tourism benefits people/businesses, as well as nature & the environment by WTTC
- 10 Global Trends at the intersection of travel, philanthropy, and sustainability include actionable solutions to advance sustainability and regeneration within local communities and the environment by Kind Traveler.
Tour Operator News
- SUSTOUR Project: promoting sustainability among European tour operators through a business-led approach by ECTAA.
- The vast and global packaged-tour operator sector is one of the last travel sectors yet to be fully digitally transformed. Skift explains everything about it here.
- Top travel advisors agree group travel booking will require new approaches in the post-outbreak era. Here is “How travel advisors can navigate family and group travel changes” by TravelPulse.
- Student safety: maximizing your students’ security during study abroad by Alandis Travel.
- This year, visa processing delays are a hurdle for major study abroad destinations by Monitor ICEF.
- Educational travel is becoming more and more popular. According to Cabi, it’s heading for the mainstream.
- Are you back to traveling? When your flight is canceled or delayed, read what you should know by Breaking Travel News.
- Trying to keep up with all the air travel restrictions and health-related travel requirements is hard. UNWTO has come up with a destination tracker.
- Feeling travel rusty? Everything you need to remember before traveling abroad by Indep
Browse Our Programs
Alandis Travel is an exclusively wholesale B2B tour operator. For Spanish-speaking destinations around the globe, such as Spain, Cuba, Puerto Rico & more. If you are looking to extend your portfolio with exclusive programs, find out why Alandis Travel is the right travel partner for your agency.