From March, we’ve rounded up the best professional development news, events, and opportunities in study abroad and study trips, from professional development programs for Spanish teachers and the importance of environmental education to high school trip abroad rules.
Professional Development Opportunities for High School & University Teachers, and Study Abroad Departments
- Spanish is a language spoken in lots of different places around the world, which results in a wide variety of accents. With that in mind, here’s a great resource for Spanish teachers, a Catalog of Hispanic voices, with video samples of a variety of Hispanic dialects. They include the textual transcription of the voices and linguistic, geographical, economic, and social data for each of the samples as well as their areas of origin.
- If you’re a Spanish teacher looking to enhance your abilities, Spanish Studies Abroad has teamed up with the Universidad de Alicante to offer a Summer Professional Development Program that includes both classes and exciting cultural experiences in Spain’s sunny climate, to help you advance to the next level.
- Request a virtual meeting with one of our Resident Directors to find out more about local logistics, arrangements, activities, opportunities & culture in Spain, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Argentina, or other European destinations
- Looking for a specific city tour, local performances, faculty discussions/forums, or events? Contact us for more details.
- Want to visit an Alandis Travel cultural center at one of our locations? Let us know if you’d like a site visit.
Study Abroad & School Trips News
- High school trips abroad are an exciting opportunity for students to broaden their horizons and gain valuable experiences in other cultures. However, schools and parents must establish clear school trip rules and guidelines to ensure the safety and well-being of students while on these trips. Here are some ideas to get you started by yours truly, Alandis Travel.
- An education abroad experience is one of the best ways for students to gain the cultural awareness and international experience necessary for success in today’s global economy. But just breathing the air of another country isn’t enough to build cross-cultural competence.
With that in mind, Dr. Paula Caligiuri wrote a few suggestions for CEOWorld Magazine on how to make the most out of any education abroad experience.
- Spain’s language-teaching sector bounces back. Even though enrolment in Spanish language courses declined by 60% due to the pandemic, the FEDELE has revealed that those student numbers are going back to pre-COVID levels. Learn all about it in ICEF Monitor’s latest article.
- Terra Dotta’s latest survey shows that more Americans than ever want to pursue a semester or study program abroad. Learn all the details at Study International.
Discover our Destinations
- If you are planning a trip to Cuba, you might begin by asking yourself if it is safe. At Travellers Worldwide, they have a very informative article on the matter, where they give some tips to make your trip a complete success.
- Discover the entry requirements for Puerto Rico before your next trip! Enlightened Mindset’s informative article covers everything you need to know, from visas to vaccines.
- If you are a student planning on studying abroad in Spain, you might have questions regarding student visas. At Balcells Group, they explain all the details about the different types of visas and whether or not you need to apply.
Sustainability in Education
- Sustainability is extremely important in education and teachers need help in designing educational experiences that can engage their students to take on sustainability.
With that in mind, Andrew N. Liveris Institute, in partnership with the University of Michigan School of Education’s Center for Education Design, Evaluation, and Research, the Dow Company Foundation, and Delta College, has created a fellowship that helps K-12 educators teach students the importance of sustainability. Learn all about it in this University of Michigan News article!
- Sustainability has risen from a marginal topic to a central issue for many regions in the world. With that in mind, the European Commission has launched the ‘European Green Deal’, driving Europe’s green transition, starting with the Adult learning and education sector. Learn more at EAEA.
Browse Our Programs
Alandis Travel is an exclusively wholesale B2B tour operator for Spanish-speaking destinations around the globe, such as Spain, Cuba, Puerto Rico & more. If looking to take a school trip, organize a custom faculty-led program, or study a semester abroad, find out why Alandis Travel is the right travel partner for your educational institution.