We’ve rounded up the best professional development news, events and opportunities in study abroad and study trips from December: we take a look back at 2022, what to expect from the new year, check out how colleges are making study abroad more accessible for students, and much more.
Professional Development Opportunities for High School & University Teachers, and Study Abroad Departments
- Faculty leaders serve as mentors and role models for students while studying abroad; their responsibilities are more comprehensive than the standard duties of a faculty member teaching a course on a university campus. With that in mind, at Alandis Travel, we have compiled a list of valuable qualifications and responsibilities of a faculty leader.
- One of the most useful tools for student recruitment for faculty-led trips is Social Media. We understand that for many faculty members keeping up with these trends can be difficult. At NAFSA they have an e-Learning Seminar on how to effectively use Social Media for promotion and engagement.
- One of the big time-suckers for teachers is finding, preparing, and organizing resources. So here’s a great resource for all our Spanish teachers out there, an online library with many books and articles available in PDF at Cervantes Virtual Library.
- Request a virtual meeting with one of our Resident Directors to find out more about local logistics, arrangements, activities, opportunities & culture in Spain, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Argentina or other European destinations
- Looking for a specific city tour, local performances, faculty discussions/forums, events? Contact us for more details.
- Want to visit an Alandis Travel cultural center in one of our locations? Let us know for a site visit.
Study Abroad & School Trips News
- Since it’s already the new year, our friends at ICEF Monitor take a look back at all we’ve learned through 2022, from borders being opened to students and travelers once more, and the study abroad industry taking some very important steps along its path to recovery.
- Even though studying abroad is a beneficial experience in many ways, every student has different situations and barriers. At US News, they talk about these barriers and how colleges are working towards making studying abroad more accessible for students.
- Thinking about planning a faculty-led trip to europe? At Spanish Studies Abroad they have put together a list of the Top Places to Study Abroad in 2023.
Discover our Destinations
- Cuba is open to travel from the USA. Read more about the conditions here. Contact us for more information here.
- This year’s holiday travel plans are halted by inflation, and financial concerns are causing a large percentage of Americans to approach holiday travel cautiously. Learn all about it at Skift.
- Cuba has extended its tourism visa to 90 days, so there’s never been a better time to visit the Caribbean island and do it sustainably. Our friends at EuroNews tell us everything about it in their article.
- Spain tops the world’s best tourist villages ranking with three awards, and at The Guardian, they show us the best tourism villages of 2022.
- Puerto Rico’s tourism industry is on track to close the year with new records in visitation, visitor spending, and jobs – signaling one of the best years in the history of this economic sector and solidifying the Territory’s recovery from the difficulties of the COVID-19 pandemic by all the details at Travel Daily News.
Sustainability in Education
- Since sustainable travel is already mainstream, it is time to go further and start regenerative travel to give back to the places we visit. Learn all about it at Travindy.
- Every single person can take action every day to protect the planet and what better way to do it than starting at a young age. Here’s what you need to know about education for sustainable development and how to get involved by UNESCO.
- From December 12th to the 15th, the Global Sustainable Tourism Council held a Global Conference in Seville. Read all the conclusions and what they talked about here.
Browse Our Programs
Alandis Travel is an exclusively wholesale B2B tour operator for Spanish-speaking destinations around the globe, such as Spain, Cuba, Puerto Rico & more. If you are looking to take a school trip, organize a custom faculty-led program, or to study a semester abroad, find out why Alandis Travel is the right travel partner for your educational institution.