From May and June, we’ve rounded up the best professional development news, events, and opportunities for study abroad and study trips. From the importance of sustainability in education to opportunities to enrich your teaching experience and empower your students.
Oportunidades de Desarrollo Profesional para Profesores de Secundaria, Universitarios y Departamentos de Estudios en el Extranjero
- If you are a Spanish teacher looking for different activities for your students, at Zachary Jones, they have Clozeline. In this resource, you can find Spanish songs with grammar and related vocabulary activities. A fun way of learning while listening to music!
- Another amazing resource for Spanish teachers is Veo en español. It’s a project that provides teachers access to the Platino Educa platform, a platform full of audiovisual materials for Spanish classes. It includes films, short films, and animations in Spanish, along with teaching materials and guides for use in the classroom.
- Request a virtual meeting with one of our Resident Directors to find out more about local logistics, arrangements, activities, opportunities & culture in Spain, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Argentina, or other European destinations.
- ¿Buscas un tour por una ciudad concreta, actuaciones locales, debates/foros de profesores, eventos? Ponte en contacto con nosotros.
- ¿Desea visitar un centro cultural de Alandis Travel en una de nuestras sedes? Let us know if you’d like a site visit.
Noticias sobre Viajes de Estudios en el Extranjero
- Organizing a study abroad trip can be a thrilling endeavor, but it can also be overwhelming due to the intricate and extensive planning involved. So, if you are a faculty member or a teacher planning a study abroad trip for your students, here’s our featured article: “The Ultimate Guide to Planning Successful Faculty-Led Study Abroad Trips” in GoAbroad.
- As you eagerly prepare for your upcoming study abroad trip, one crucial aspect to consider is packing efficiently and effectively. At Iowa State University, they have put together a list of items and tips to make your packing experience as smooth and easy as possible!
- June is Pride Month in many parts of the world, and in some ways, Pride Month means more than ever in 2023. Along with women’s rights, LGBTQ+ rights are increasingly under pressure in many countries. The implications of so many international students coming from countries in which being LGBTQ+ is at best frowned upon or at worst illegal are profound. Learn all about how educators can better support and protect LGBTQ+ international students por Monitor ICEF.
Descubre Nuestros Destinos
- Puerto Rico is an outstandingly rich and diverse country, especially in terms of art. Javier E. Piñero is a Puerto Rican photographer who has been collaborating with artists and artisans for two years, documenting their daily lives and how they worked to keep traditions alive, educate others, and reconcile the Indigenous and modern worlds. Check out his involvement in preserving Puerto Rico’s traditions.
- If you are thinking about planning a trip to Cuba but you are wondering whether or not it is safe, Travel Safe Abroad has broken down all the potential risks for you.
- Spain is well-known for its vibrant destinations such as Barcelona, Madrid, and Malaga. But the country is also home to nearly 20,000 villages, wildly diverse in their architecture, traditions, and culture. At Culture Trip, they have put together a list of some of the most beautiful towns in Spain that you really ought to explore.
Sostenibilidad en la Educación
- In the last 30 years, we have emitted more CO2 into the atmosphere than in the rest of human history. That’s why the implementation of real sustainability plans is so important; however, universities aren’t doing enough to battle climate change. At Salon, they show what actual climate action looks like.
- Climate change is a human rights crisis that threatens education and global efforts toward gender equality. Education International (EI) welcomes the Global Partnership for Education’s (GPE) strategy to develop education systems that are climate resilient and mindful of the impacts of the environmental crisis on girls’ education. Learn more about it at Education International.
- In today’s rapidly changing world, sustainability education has gained immense significance. It plays a crucial role in shaping the minds of individuals, fostering a deeper understanding of environmental challenges, and empowering them to make informed decisions that contribute to a sustainable future. Greener Ideal explores the importance of sustainability education and its positive impact on individuals, communities, and the planet.
Consulte nuestros programas
Alandis Travel es un operador turístico exclusivamente mayorista B2B. Para destinos de habla hispana en todo el mundo, como España, Cuba, Puerto Rico y más. Si deseas realizar un viaje escolar, organizar un programa personalizado dirigido por el profesorado o estudiar un semestre en el extranjero, descubre por qué Alandis Travel es el socio de viajes adecuado para su institución educativa.